Thursday, November 13, 2008

Marriages are made in heaven or is it?

I've come a long way from being a bottle swinging toddler, a tantrum throwing teen to a mature individual looking for that heavenly mate. Not that I have been offered a swayamwara opportunity, but pressure from the external environment has somehow got to me. Potraits of friends with smiling lovers in picturesque locales of the world seem to add to my agony of being a single electron in search of that all eluding proton.

'Opposities attract',' Marriages are made in heaven' and innumerous of such quotes depict a positive future, though the ground realities are much harsh. Being a little picky and finicky about my choices and options has compounded the issue to a highly hilarious level. In fact, the other day I met a guy in the famous affair friendly Cafe Coffee Day ( CCD or shoud i say Couple Collaboration Dairy). After the usual odd hellos and introduction, we settled to a monotonous silence that got disturbed by the drone of a cell phone to the tune of 'Pappu can't dance sala'. As a lady at a neighbouring table answered the call, I asked the pappu in front of me if he could dance. Listening to his answer I realised that my wait was not yet over for this pappu could really not dance.

If I go on about my rendezvous with the innumerous pappus I've come across, I'll probably run out of memory on the server. Anyways, I am still waiting for the 'heavenly proton pappu' who does not have two left legs and also fulfils my never ending list of 'must' and 'must nots'. Luckily, the list is in my head 'coz I would not be able to save it in a computer.

1 comment:

  1. "agony of being a single electron in search of that all eluding proton"--- Awesome :)
    Btw, this pappu is still waiting for 31 Dec.. ;)

    ReplyDelete