Sunday, December 21, 2008

Yahoo!!! I won!!!

Yes, two days ago I won an essay competition organized for the youth of villages around the Benaulim constituency. Now how many participants did I defeat you may ask. None! Shocked?? I was too when I landed at the Visionaries counter to find myself as the only contestant. Even with such effective marketing as prominent banners advertising the venue, date and time, our opinioned youngsters did not have the time to make it to an event which would have probably contributed to their own development.

I've read innumerable blogs, posts, articles in newspapers by the youth of our state that we need to wake up, stand for our rights, blaming the government about their inaction and so on. But words those are. The time for action may never come. It is all so easy to criticize the government, blame the terrorists, right strong words of condemnation against this and that act, but ask them to meet and come down to congregate for a purpose and no one wants to walk that distance. Its all happy and gay as long as I have to move my fingers over the keyboard to write my opinion on blogs from the confines of my home. But come down in scorching heat to make a difference and no ones there. But the silver lining was definitely to see a crowd of little kids taking part in the painting competition. Guess they are heat resistant. Probably I am generalizing a small set of the Benaulim constituency to the entire state or maybe the country. Probably I am wrong. But where is the proof!!

1 comment:

  1. Probably you are not wrong..
    This reminds me of a line that- The sorry state of affairs in our country is not because of the actions of bad people but due to inaction of the good people.

    ReplyDelete