Thursday, May 06, 2010

Yahoooooo: I've been hacked

What a privilege my brother said! Someone thought you are special enough to hack your account. But I could not agree. Someone posing as me and asking for money.....maybe he is reading me right now....so scary....but yet so true.

Here's the gist. Someone posed as me and asked a friend of mine for 1500 pounds. Can you believe that? That's nearly four times my monthly salary ( yea, I am on the poorer side). Luckily our friend called us to confirm else who knows which lawsuit we would have to deal with.

I've been told that I am not the only privileged one. Many of my students and friends using yahoo have faced similar experiences. So a word of caution to all yahoo email holders, beware, there's a hacker around.

1 comment:

  1. I am off yahoo... :-) atleast no links with nebanking and my yahoo account. Its reserved for that crap called CHAT, where small talk is encouraged! :P

    ReplyDelete