Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Life in a nutshell


When I was little, I was a star
My mum’s pride and my dad’s pet
I had no care, and neither a worry
My mum and dad gave me the rice and curry.

In my teens, I had loads of friends,
We played running around, and chor police
I kept my grades, and teachers were happy
All I concerned was my acne.              

When I completed high school,
Everyone said take science,
Study this, and study that
Such confusion, and family spat

When I started work, I thought about the money
And my career, and my growth
And promotion and onsite
And I wondered when and I worried how
But it only got worse every then and now.

When I married, I thought life would be better
I now have someone to share my matter
But looks like both are in a race and the worries only double
How I wish I was a child without any trouble.

I thought I could get old, and frail
And then my life would be, without any fail
Oh! The aches and the pains, and oh, I forget
Where I put my teeth and my cane.

Troubles and worries are a part of life, they say
The degree of it changes over night and day
A new life comes and an old one goes
What doesn’t change is the worries it sows





4 comments:

  1. Well said Ma'am...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dickson4:01 AM

    Well written

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nicely expressed Roseline, so real with your thoughts, the moments rightly experienced by most of us ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true Rosie!!!

    ReplyDelete